Our team has been working with many building owners and facility managers to improve the energy efficiency and facility operations of their properties with window film. However, often the project that represents the primary reason we are called in ends up only being part of the overall project. The reason for this is a lack of information regarding all the different ways window film can help a facility. A recent article in FacilitiesNet discusses three ways that window film can improve facility operations. We wanted to summarize the three in this article and add two more ways we have utilized film to help our clients.
- Reduces Energy Costs: Windows often create the biggest strain on an HVAC system, from heat load coming in during Summer months to heat being lost in Winter months. When window film is installed, the stress on the HVAC system is greatly reduced. Window film can make it easier to cool a space during summer months by reducing heat gain through the glass. In addition, certain, Low-E window films can also assist in retaining heat inside the building during the winter months. Because the HVAC system doesn’t need to work as hard to keep the space at the desired temperature, a window film install can ultimately result in lower utility bills.
- Improves Safety Measures: Windows and doors are any building’s main point of entry, even for those who are uninvited. Safety window films can help reduce property loss and damage in the event of a burglary attempt by making it far more difficult for criminals to penetrate the building through glass doors and windows. This can also be helpful in resisting unwanted intrusion into a space. Also, in the unfortunate event of a natural disaster or extreme weather event, safety and security window film will help minimize damage to property and occupants.
- Increases Productivity for Occupants and Preserve Furnishings:Window film can reduce glare making it easier for employees to get their jobs done comfortably while protecting their skin from harmful UV.
- Enhanced Privacy: There are also a variety of decorative and frosted films that can be used throughout a facility on any glass panel to add an element of privacy while retaining an open and airy feeling.
- Preserve Furnishings: Window film lets in natural daylight, but blocks 99% of the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays, and up to 82% of the sun’s heat. Sun beaming in through the windows can damage the furnishings. Window film acts to dramatically reduce the three primary causes of fading helping to preserve your furnishings.
If you would like to read this entire article at FacilitiesNet.com, click HERE
If you would like more information on the ways that window film can improve energy efficiency and facility operations in commercial spaces, contact us by clicking HERE or filling out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!