Spending more time at home have you considering some improvement projects? If so, this article is for you. We recently came across an article published by Proud Green Home that primarily discussed how home window films could make your house more energy efficient. However, in addition to improved energy efficiency, the article also mentioned six additional home window film benefits. To make for a faster read, we have summarized these benefits below as you might be interested in the variety of ways window film can be the perfect home improvement project.
Primary Home Window Film Benefits
- Reduces Glare – Applying tint to your home windows can result in blocking significant amount of the sun’s glare from passing through the glass.
- Protects Your Home Interiors –The sun’s UV rays penetrate through windows of your house. With prolonged exposure, your house furnishings, carpet, rugs and upholstery can become faded and damaged. Window tinting offers a great solution for fading issue as it typically blocks 99% of the UV while still allowing you to enjoy your windows.
- Improved Energy Efficiency –Window tint can act as a window insulator keeping heat out in the Summer and retaining heat in the Winter. This can help home owners decrease their utility bills by reducing how hard their heating and air conditioning system needs to work to keep the house comfortable.
- Increased Privacy – Window films can be used strategically throughout your home to offer additional privacy through certain windows without the need for blinds or curtains.
- Enhanced Safety – Accidents happen and a window can bet broken. When this happens with a typical home window, the glass breaks in a way that can be dangerous. Home window film can keep the broken glass in place and reduce the danger.
- Added Security – Security home window film exists that can provide the other benefits listed and make uninvited entry into your home more difficult. This makes these types of films a perfect compliment to a home a security system.
- Affordable Alternative to Window Replacement – At some point nearly any window may need to be replaced, but by using home window films you may be able to significantly extend the useful life of your existing windows while achieving the benefits you desire. Having a professionally installed window film applied is much less costly and far less disruptive to your home than window replacement.
We hope this list helped you understand the variety of ways home window films can help on your next home improvement project. If you would like more information on residential window films, click HERE. If you are interesting in discussing this innovative home improvement solution, contact us by filling out the form below for more information. Midwest Glass Tinters services homes and commercial spaces in Chicago, Central Illinois, Madison & Milwaukee, Wisconsin and St Louis and Central Missouri, Jackson, Mississippi as well as all the surrounding communities.